2011年3月16日水曜日

Earthquake - Tsunami - Explosion

All my sympathy for the terrible news. I hope that you, and all your family, friends, and students, are safe.
Will this reach you? I'm not sure; but just to let you know that I am thinking of you.
All best wishes: As ever, P.



We have been watching the pictures and reports from Japan with growing shock. We write to our Japanese friends to express our great sadness at the horrendous damage being done to a place and people we have come to admire. You, your families and friends are in our thoughts.
In sympathy J.



We are all thinking of your wonderful country, so badly treated by the destructive forces of nature. Our son is in Tokyo. I don't know whether the phone lines are working, but in case you wanted to call him he is at the HO. We have not heard from him by email this morning, though it was working yesterday. Maybe the electricity is down, due to the explosion at the nuclear plant. He and the other members are still hoping to get their plane back this coming Monday, but who knows?
I hope everyone in your family and among your friends is OK, and I wish much courage and hope to Japanese colleagues, friends, citizens. N.



The devastation that has hit the northeastern part of your great country is front-page news. The nuclear power station explosions on top of the tsunami make this an almost inconceivable human catastrophe. I pray for you, your family, friends and colleagues. It sounds as though no one is untouched, and we all know that a disaster of such scale will have social, economic and political effects across the world as well. Do write when you have a chance, and let me know how you are. C.



We have been watching the situation in Japan with concern for our friends. Tadashi has kept us informed about the situation in Tokyo, so I hope that all is well with you. I am worried for colleagues in Sendai where I spoke a few years ago. I know that the members of the AJC are thinking of colleagues with concern.
Best wishes M.



Just a brief note to tell you how bad we feel about the terrible events in Japan. I hope that all the Kondo family are safe and well and that we will be able to get together again before too long.
Our thoughts are with you and with everyone suffering in Japan at the moment.
Best wishes D.

0 件のコメント: